I remember back in high school when my parents didn’t allow me to go on beach “gimiks” with friends, even go to a nearby mall! It was very hard to ask permission from them. “You’ll have a lot of chances when you grow up,” they would always tell me. Then I would shut the door of my room and don’t understand what they were saying.
True enough, they were right in their prophecy. When I started working and earning my own money, my itchy travel feet are still there and that desire to see the world has grown stronger and stronger. I could say I am blessed to be have been able to travel places, but I still have a lot to go in the world map!
They say it’s best to travel young. Travel, not to the usual beach vacations or weekend getaways, but go on adventures that would encourage and excite your senses, expand your experience, meet people from different walks of life, and taste life to the full. Collect moments that would define the rest of your life and stick with you forever. It’s best to do this while you’re young when you still have the energy, disposable income, no obligations, and pull an all-nighter to experience the world as much as you can. As I have turned 30 a couple of months ago, I look back to my unforgettable travel experiences that have made my first 3 decades in this earth worthwhile.
This December 30, I’m doing a countdown to the 30 most memorable places I’ve been to before turning 30.
29. Roadtripping in North Luzon (Laoag, Vigan, Ilocos Norte). First ever roadtrip with cousins. Photo: Paoay Church in Ilocos Norte.
28. Catching the sight of the perfect cone of Mt. Mayon Volcano in Albay, Bicol.
25. Foodtripping and solo trekking the foot of Mt. Kanlaon in Bacolod countryside during my birthday month and Masskara Festival. Photo: Guintubdan Falls, La Carlota and The Ruins.
24. Joining my first on-the-spot photo shoot contest in Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia with Zone V Camera Club.
23. Walking in the streets of Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam.
22. Partying during a tropical depression in Vang Vieng, Laos.
21. Experiencing cool spring in HongKong. Walking at midnight in the streets of Kowloon.
20. Shooting a friend’s wedding in Singapore.
19. Temple-hopping and getting scammed in Bangkok, Thailand.
18. Biking around Ayutthaya, Thailand.
17. Experiencing pure shores of The Beach by Alex Garland in Phuket, Thailand.
16. Getting heart-broken in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
15. Feeling awestruck in the ancient temples of Angkor in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
11. Going on a retreat in Boracay.
7. Learning some American history in Washington, DC, Philadelphia, and Boston.
6. Visiting The Shire in Hobbiton in Matamata, New Zealand.
5. Bungee-jumping in the highest bridge bungy at 80-meters in Mokai Gravity Canyon, Taihape, New Zealand.
4. Loving the heavenly beautiful scenery in South Island, New Zealand.
3. Finding love and falling in love in New York City. <3
Times Square by day.
Watching the Broadway musical Wicked in Gershwin Theater
Being on top of the world at Empire State Building.
The NYC skyline
Spending midnight at Times Square.
The Bow Bridge at Central Park.
2. Going Somewhere Only We Know... ;)
1. Being in the presence of God. Better is one day in His courts. :)
Happy New Year and happy travels, everyone! :)