BORACAY. It’s the same long stretch of white sand beach. The same sun, same ocean water, same scenery. But each time I go here, there’s always something different with my experience.
On my first travel of 2014, I had my…
- First travel with cousins (after so long). Actually, it was with 3 cousins, 1 sister, and 1 niece. :) Since they live abroad and they were here in the Philippines for vacation, it was our time to bond again after a long time. (With no chaperons! ;))
- First travel boo-boo! We went to the airport ONE DAY AHEAD of our schedule. Face-palm/cringe-worthy moment. Lesson learned: double check or triple check flight ticket details in advance! Way advance, not just on the way to the airport.
- Beach trip without spending much. Especially on water activities. Didn’t even buy any pasalubong. Hehe!
- Trip with no distractions. Especially from work, calls, social media, friends, boyfriend. I did it on purpose.
- Time of reflection. Over happy hour and sunset watching, over morning coffee and people watching or staring into white sand space. It’s my favorite thing to do!
- Paddle boarding lessons. It’s best to do this at low tide (around 8am or 5pm) and when it’s not windy (lower chance of tumbling over).
- New learned skill of “poi” or “light dancing” (beginner level). It’s swinging or twirling a a rope with a glow stick in variety of rhythmical patterns. This is an alternative to fire dancing if you don’t want to get burned.
- Felt-like-a-mommy experience. I had to take the lead in taking care of my cousins’ flight and hotel bookings, even the water activities; I also had to look after my niece who had an upset stomach on our last day. In the end, it felt satisfying when my cousins told me they all had a great time.
- Break from everything. After all that I have gone through last 2013, I just needed to strip off all the cares and worries of this world. I’m glad I had that escape.